Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sharing Progress for Upcoming Exam (74-409)

I'm very happy today to share my progress about my exam (74-409) preparation. I utilized my holidays efficiently and finished the tedious task of watching all the recording of "Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center"- MVA Course. Watching these videos are really worthy to me, course presenter "Sean perriman" and "Corey hynes" shared some exam tips and insights about exam questions, one can face. this task alone took almost two days. then on makar sankranti leave, i worked on building my home lab for Hyper-V and System center. One of the tip that they shared during system center module is that, Microsoft has a very cool system center powershell deployment toolkit  aka PDT, bloggers already blogged about it and now i'm going to test it soon and share my experience with it. however, as per them, PDT really eases out all the pain out of system center install. it automatically downloads the setup (almost 6+ GB) files for you from microsoft site and install each and every components for you. PDT is comprised of three powershell scripts (Downloader, VMcreator and installer) and one XML file (variable). although it is not limited to system center install, you can utilize this tool for automating other MS softwares (do some googling..i'm mean to say research).

that's all for today..

No comments:

Post a Comment